Father’s day is right around the corner and you have zero ideas. Zilch. Nada.
Is it boring to get him this? Would he really like another one of those?
Or, maybe he’s the guy that has everything.
Put your worries behind you – I’ve found the best 8 father’s day gifts for new or expecting dads that’ll make him feel like he really is (or will be) the best dad ever.
Cute Father’s Day Gifts for Expecting Dads
I am using Etsy links for as many products as I can to support small businesses – please bear with me as I learn the ins and outs of sharing Etsy products and images.
Many of the clickable links on this page are affiliate links. That means, I receive a small commission for each item you buy through my link at no additional cost to you.
Buy him a dad shirt that shows off his new dad status. Who doesn’t love a great graphic tee?
- For the guy who likes something simple, especially if he identifies as a “rad dad”: the Rad Dad tee.
- This t-shirt is perfect for your Star Wars nerd: “The force is strong with this dad” tee.
- “Dad: I’ll be there for you” tee for the Friends fan.
Matching Dad and Baby Shirts
Okay, seriously, these are the cutest. Why don’t I have 6 million of these matching sets?!
- This matching set of dad and baby shirts are perfect for your guy if he is the king of relaxation: “Couch Potato & Tator Tot” matching shirts
- “Taco and Taquito” matching dad and baby shirts that’re perfect for foodies… or general taco enthusiasts.
- This set is perfect for the home brewer or beer lover: “Brew Dad & MicroBrew” matching dad and baby shirts.
- And, these sets of matching dad and son shirts or dad and daughter shirts are way too cute. He will love these!
- The Ember mug doesn’t have anything cute on it about being a dad but it is a PERFECT father’s day gift for new or expecting dads. This app controlled heated coffee mug is a gamechanger. Check it out for yourself.
- This mug is perfect for the outdoorsmen: “Best Dad Ever” outdoor dad mug with mountains and bear.
- The “Fact. You are the best dad.” mug is perfect for fans of The Office.
- This mug is simple and classy which makes for a great father’s day gift for anyone: “Dad Est. 2020” mug
Monthly Coffee Subscription
So, you’re both lacking in sleep. But, if your guy is anything like mine, he is somehow even more sluggish and tired than I am. The guy just needs some good coffee. I think this is a really thoughtful and fun father’s day gift for new or expecting dads!
(P.S. don’t tell my man but I’m going to give him a Blue Bottle monthly coffee subscription – you really can’t go wrong with a free trial!)
Here are some of the monthly coffee subscriptions I considered gifting to my husband for less than $16 a month:
- Craft Coffee: $6.99 a month
- Blue Bottle: free trial then starts at $8 a month
- MistoBox: $10.95 a month
- Angel’s Cup: $10.99 a month
- Driftaway: $12 a month
- Atlas Coffee: $14 a month
You can get more details about each of these coffee subscriptions here.
My husband loves hats. Any and all hats. Maybe your guy is likes hats too? Check out these bestsellers on Etsy.
- You could buy these adorable matching mom and dad baseball caps.
- Or, this simple “Dad Life” snapback hat that is simple and stylish.
Baby Carriers for Dads
Both my husband and I were excited to get started babywearing as soon as possible to soak in as many newborn snuggles as possible while still getting things done.
You’ll want to get a baby carrier for him for father’s day if:
- he’s expressed excitement about babywearing.
- he’s unsure (or flat-out nervous) about using a woven wrap but wants to try babywearing.
- you know he’ll love babywearing once he tries it but he needs a little push.
I would suggest buying one of the following soft structured baby carriers (SSC) for dads:
- LÍLLÉbaby Complete All Seasons Baby Carrier (this is what my husband uses and loves)
- Tula Free-to-Grow carrier
- Ergobaby Omni All Carry Positions Baby Carrier
Lillebaby, Tula, and Ergobaby are the only SSC I see frequently suggested in my favorite Facebook group for babywearing (with woven wraps) enthusiasts like me.
Dad Labor Cards
If you haven’t given birth yet, these Dad Labor Cards are a great addition to any of the other gifts but especially if you’re going to make a gift basket for his father’s day gift.
The Dad’s Labor Cards are perfect for him if:
- he’s a first time dad, and he wants to be really involved but is pretty forgetful if you’re both being honest
- he’s worried that he won’t remember how to help you once you’re in the thick of labor… and let’s be honest, you are too.
- you know for a fact that he’s clueless about all things labor and delivery
- you want to be sure that he doesn’t forget any important detail (like, your birth date or severe fentanyl allergy)
14 (3×5) cards full of easy-to-read bullet points for the big day… and hey, they’re only $1.99.
Gift Basket Ideas for Father’s Day Gifts
I think this is my favorite father’s day gift idea on this whole post – I love giving gifts so the more the merrier! You can combine any of the above ideas to make a great gift basket for dads or pick one of the ideas below.
The New Daddy Father’s Day Gift Basket:
- Matching daddy and baby shirts (look above)
- Dad’s Labor Cards
- Snacks that he could take to the hospital (jerky, favorite sweet treats, nut mixes, etc.)
- One handed bottle opener
- Dad hat (ideas up top)
- Ember app-controlled heated mug
Father’s Day Grill Master Basket:
- Meat rubs or spices
- Special BBQ sauces or marinades
- Dad apron
- A high-quality meat thermometer
- Meat claws for grilling