This post includes essential oil links that if purchased, I will receive a small commission, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting my growing family!
Sign Up Now! Learn how here…
The Best 7 Essential Oils For Frugal Mamas
Essential oils have become a very normal part of our family’s life. I started using essential oils more regularly after I started learning how to use them. Then, when I realized that they really do “work”, I started running out of our favorites more frequently.
I took a free educational course on essential oils through Dr. Eric Zielinski (Dr. Z). I learned so much from him and his wife. They do not affiliate with any particular essential oil company which helps me to feel like I can trust their opinions. Their book, The Healing Power of Essential Oils, is amazing! Their book (and website) is one of the first resources that I found that actually included scientific research.
Who To Trust
I have bounced around between different essential oil companies and have finally settled on a company that I believe is the best. I have had adverse reactions to other company’s essential oils because of the quality of their products. I have always felt best when I use Young Living essential oils.
When I joined Young Living as a member, I also became a member of a few Facebook groups run by members in my team. The Facebook groups are invaluable to me! I can ask questions and see how other people are using their oils. I have learned a stupendous amount of information from the Facebook group. One of the neat things about our team is that we have a medical doctor, Dr. Edie Wadsworth, who gives great information about essential oils from a medical point of view.
Top 7 Essential Oils For When You’re On a Budget
- I absolutely love lemon essential oil! I like to diffuse lemon to freshen the scent of a room.
- Lifts mood.
- Lemon is an excellent cleaner and degreaser. I use it frequently in DIY cleaners.
- Lemon is good for supporting the immune system. I have used lemon to support my baby’s immune system while she is too young to have some of the more potent essential oils.
- Removes sticky and gooey things off of surfaces.
- Lemon is a natural disinfectant.
Thieves Young Living (YL) Blend
- Even during tough financial times, we have ALWAYS had Thieves in the cabinet. It is worth having at all times!
- It is sweet and spicy smelling. I think it smells like Christmas in a bottle!
Thievesis a blend desginedto support your immune system.
- Can be used as a powerful cleaner.
- Thieves kills colds and other sicknesses quickly.
- It is a blend of Clove, Cinnamon Bark, Lemon, Eucalyptus Radiata, and Rosemary essential oils, this blend is one of YL’s most popular products.
- Kills mold and prevents it from coming back.
- Lavender is known as the
army knife of essential oils because it is so swiss multi-purposed.
- Lavender has antioxidant capabilities, helps with metabolism management, neurological health protection, antimicrobial agents, and is a skin soother.
- Lavender is excellent for sleep support.
- It is wonderful to use in lotion, soap, and balms because of its soothing and healing effects on the skin. Lavender helps heal burns (sunburn or otherwise).
- Lavender is a powerful tool for coping with stress, depression, and anxiety.
- Eucalyptus is one of our go-to’s as well. I have noticed colds and coughs going away within a day when I have used Eucalyptus frequently.
- Eucalyptus works similar to Mucinex over the counter medicine; it is an expectorant. It helps
getthat mucus moving!
- Grease fighter.
- Highly antimicrobial.
- Neutralizes bad odor.
- Relieves itchy skin and dandruff.
- Be sure to use Eucalyptus in a highly diluted rate, especially with children. Dr. Z has excellent dilution charts in his book, The Healing Power of Essential Oils.
RC Blend (YL)
- This is a great little oil! (It comes in a 5ml bottle)
- Excellent for clearing up a stuffy nose or a cough. It has all of the properties of Eucalyptus because it has three types of Eucalyptus in it!
- It has a very motivating scent.
- Good to diffuse at night for stuffy noses. Or you could add it to your shower for a nose-clearing steam aromatherapy session.
- RC is a blend of Spruce, Cypress, and three types of Eucalyptus oils (E. globulus, E.
radiata, and E. citriodora).
- I used to have a love/hate relationship with peppermint essential oil. I love what it does for my body but I hated that peppermint gave me a headache. That was before Young Living- now I can enjoy
peppermintheadache free. That’s the power of quality oils!
- Aside from lavender, peppermint may be one of the most versatile of all oils. It helps
treatstress, migraines, skin conditions, and digestive issues.
- Combat side effects of cancer treatment.
- Peppermint helps with nausea, vomiting and other stomach illnesses.
- Fights against antibiotic-resistant infections.
- Excellent for stopping/lowering fevers.
- Eases muscle tension
- Clear sinuses
- Antiseptic properties help prevent or remove lice and
dandruff,and eases allergies.
- Helps achieve focus and concentration.
Purification Blend (YL)
- It took me way too long to discover this oil! This is such a popular oil that Young Living has to limit purchases to one bottle per account per month.
- This blend is made up of six essential oils for the ultimate weapon against odors. Citronella, Lavandin, Lemongrass, Rosemary, Myrtle, and Tea Tree.
- This oil can freshen a room in minutes! I call it guilt-free Febreze.
- Purification lifts mood.
Why I Use Young Living
I have tried a handful of other essential oil companies over the last
- I have found that Young Living has the largest amount of single and blend oils available.
- Young Living has been a top competitor in the essential oil industry for over 25 years.
- They test every single batch of essential oils.
- I love their Seed to Seal promise.
- I find comfort that I could go to any one of their farms and actually see the oils before and after distillation.
Discover How To Become A Wholesale Young Living Member Next!
The Last Thing You Need to Know About The Top 7 Essential Oils for Someone On a Budget
You have just read my go-to list of essential oils. This is the bare minimum of what we have in our essential oil kit. I know other’s in my team have their own favorites, maybe you will too! When you sign up as a Young Living member and receive your starter kit, you will receive 11 of the most popular essential oils AND a diffuser!